Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Amirah Al-Wassif writes

greetings from the dark!


I remember! Yes, I remember this letter
When my tears decided to escape
Out of me, I felt that is better
My soul took over my shape
I heard him laughing at me and clearly making fun
I could not be aware how his love for me
Became hurtful like a gun

I remember! Yes, I remember this letter
When I fell to my knees
Crying with my pets
Grieving together
Watering our pain tree

I remember your face within the paper
Looking slyly at me
I seemed like a victim of a kidnapper
Or a tiny boat in a big sea

I remember! Yes, I remember my love
Feeding my eyes your words
Your words, your shots!
Ah! I remember how I would
Keep it in my soul, my heart
But tell me how I could
Welcome your greetings from the dark?!



Ideas come from a lot of different places. Depending on what I encounter on any given day that leaves an impression. This one came from the Bible. The book of James, chapter 3 verse 8. 
A Tongue Lashing -- Buster York

1 comment:

  1. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body. Indeed, we put bits in horses’ mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body. Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires. Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh.

    --Epistle of James 3: 2-12 [New King James Version]

    The letter to "the twelve tribes scattered abroad" (early Jewish Christians) is traditionally attributed to Ya'akov (James the Just), the younger brother of Jesus who became the 1st bishop of Jerusalem after St. Peter left and held that position for 3 decades. A 2nd-century chronicler, Hegesippus, claimed, "He drank no wine or other intoxicating liquor, nor did he eat flesh; no razor came upon his head; he did not anoint himself with oil, nor make use of the bath. He alone was permitted to enter the holy place: for he did not wear any woollen garment, but fine linen only. He alone, I say, was wont to go into the temple: and he used to be found kneeling on his knees, begging forgiveness for the people -- so that the skin of his knees became horny like that of a camel's, by reason of his constantly bending the knee in adoration to God, and begging forgiveness for the people." In 62 Hanan ben Hanan, the kohen gadol (high priest), had him stoned to death for violating Jewish religious law, causing the Roman procurator of Iudaea, Lucceius Albinus, and Marcus Julius Agrippa ("Herod Agrippa II"), the last Herodian king, to depose him for exceeding his authority.

    ReplyDelete