Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

J.J. Campbell writes


the damn cards i was dealt

i once fell in love with the myth

this foolish belief that the one 
for me actually existed

after having my heart trampled
a few times i decided i needed
to wise up

but in that caution i learned i
was this unlovable prick that
pissed away all my chances
many years ago

and now with the sunset of
life in my sights

lonely are the damn cards
i was dealt

so now the voices and the
bottles keep me company

eventually, i know damn
well i'll drive them away
too

they tried to convince me
that misery isn't something
that god sticks on anyone

there are only so many lies
a man can take before his
soul breaks

and he decides that it's just
easier to fucking wallow for
now

Image result for unrequited love paintings
Separation -- Edvard Munch

No comments:

Post a Comment