Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

James Babbs writes


Reason

I watch too much TV
I eat the wrong kinds of food and
I know
I don’t get enough exercise and
I keep falling in love
with the wrong women
I know
they’re the wrong ones
because
they never fall in love with me and
I probably drink more than I should
but I like to get drunk and
walk around the house
sometimes
I roam the dark streets alone
having nowhere to go and
I know
I don’t write enough
but I fill the pages
of countless notebooks
but why do I feel like
I have to write
anything at all
I know
there must be a reason
some reason
why I don’t want to stop
but right now
I don’t feel like
trying to figure it out
Francisco de Goya y Lucientes - Gaspar Melchor de Jovellanos.jpg
Gaspar Melchor de Jovellanos -- Francisco de Goya y Lucientes

No comments:

Post a Comment