Search This Blog

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Pramila Khadun writes

The Presence and the Absence


Who can develop deep in the oceans of love
To fetch me the words that I can use
To describe the hallowed image of my love?

I have no insatiable desire for togetherness,
Nor do I fall in the trap of loneliness
To precipitate an existentialist surrender
For love is so fulfilling, so captivating.
It is a force, its beauty beyond measure.

For eons and eons, we have come and left
The planet, filling it up with a medley of colors
Where blue is our sky, green our hills,
Yellow our Autumn leaves and pink our flowers.

With each look, you make my stars twinkle,
With each touch, you make me giggle
And when you come closer to me,
You take my breath away making me melt
Like melting chocolate with emotions
Never ever felt before.
  
Your presence is a presence indeed
And your absence too is a presence
With all the loving memories that
Cling to heart the way clouds
Cling to the sky.

Though absent, I feel the touches of your lips
Tattooing my whole body with kisses sweet.
I can hear your voice reverberating
By the bubbling brooks
And when you hold me close to you,
I hide my face underneath your arms
As you make me feel so shy.
Lavender Fields in bloom by Gail Pean Oil ~ 11" x 14"Lavender Fields in Bloom -- Gail Pean

No comments:

Post a Comment