Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Adesola Oladoja redux

The Patient Dog

Once I came across a dog
Panting before a puddle
By our side a narrow path 
The dog was not befuddled 
For it stood apart

Its message was clear
Rang louder than sirens 
Have your way o human 
I thought at the sense
 It bothers my man 
I smiled and took the lane 

Not until I had my way 
Did it start its ply 
I wish I could give it a pat 
Know not what that would imply 
But that act on my heart sat 

For that dog has shown me 
The greatest lesson 
I need for a while
How to deal with persons 
Even when I rile
 Make my humble stand 
 Go along with a smile

Be  longsuffering 
Let peace have its way 
And do nothing but remember 
The fattest bone in all seasons 
Still belongs to the patient dog
Image result for keith haring dog bone paintings
 Dog With Bone --  SHOK-1

No comments:

Post a Comment