Search This Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Adesola Oladoja redux

I
I am a broken poet 
with a-c-b-d,
I mean a-b-c-z, uh
My thoughts, disjointed;
seriously struggling to make sense,
coming, going, jumping, crawling
out of an aching head.
I am a broken verse
I like to be a ...
diving and ... all along,
dying at every attempt
to make musical melody
in lieu of melodramatic malady.
I am my father's son.
Last I saw him, I was
three,
munching a bag of flakes
he claimed to bring from hajj.
I am a nonsense poem
but somehow you are glued to me,
waiting to unearth
                   -unravel
                   -unleash the meaning
I bare.
I am a lover's woe,
coming when the bliss is sweetest,
leaving when the cry is saddest
for yet a little pat, a little tap,
a little moment of crazy upsurge,
wild electric frenzy. 
I am the hunter's 'gamed' game,
waiting to haunt back he who hunted
when dinner is nearly over, and
wives clutter in lively chinwag, 
I will enjoy the yelp, the roll, the thud
as he falls with his damaged
throat,
perforated by my bones. 
I am nothing

Don't waste till you catch me.
The answer on your lips,
when in silent wonder, you
leave men to torturous ponder. 
I, I, I 
I am you
when I want and please to be.
Now, you can go to bed,
pray your soul be fed,
rhythmic morsels, redeeming bread
to fine-tune your, your, your 
b-b-broken self. 
For now, I rest my wearied soul

1226   Image result for virgil bust
two defaced busts of Virgil

No comments:

Post a Comment