Search This Blog

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Amit Radha Krishna Nigam writes

NIGHTS

Home from work at midnight.
A street dog announces his drill.
I could shut his limericks off
Anytime with my prude stick.

He would not revolt.
My wife prepares a solution of ginger insomnia
And sleeps off.
Again, I am alone.

Nights expand like an acronym in my mind.
Light bugs watch me watching them.
A lizard shows itself out
From behind the fridge magnets.
It is isolated there during the day.
There are no cockroaches here but sounds
Familiar to their talking, rodents mating,
Squirrel churring. I close the doors,
Turn off the lights and its all peaceful for a while.

But I cannot find a switch to turn off the past
Repeating and whining in my head.
Repeating and whining in my head.
Repeating and whining in my head.
Image result for lonely night paintings
Lonely Night --  Jung-hoon Lee

1 comment:

  1. repliche moncler giacche, che unisce stile elegante e tecnologia all'avanguardia, una varietà di stili di repliche uomo moncler giacche, il puntatore cammina tra il tuo stile di gusto esclusivo.

    ReplyDelete